Thursday, August 13, 2026

...8.13...I happened upon some frugal vegan food...

...I did something I pretty rarely do...I did a mid-week grocery run a couple of days ago...because I'd left cabbage off the grocery list and the Man wanted to do a hot dog supper...so of course you need coleslaw for that...haha...

...so I just ran into Food Lion which is really close - just about a mile away...just to get cabbage...but I wandered around the store just because I was there...and I found several things that I already buy anyway but on sale...

Gardein ($5.39) - $3.99
Cheerios ($6.49 - crazy I know)...on sale for $4.99 and then an additional 20% off for MVP...so another dollar...I got that huge box for $3.99...
White Wheat - the Man's favorite white bread...($4.49) - on sale 2 for $6.00 - so $3.00
Organic Oats ($3.49) - $2.49
SC peaches - so good ($1.49/lb) - .99¢/lb...four peaches was 1.25 lbs (.57 kg) ($1.86)...so $1.24...
...and the Cabbage that I actually came for ($3.79) - $2.59


...you know my frugal self loved this little impromptu $17.30 shopping trip much better than the $25.51 one that it could have been...haha...I'll still be doing my regular shopping Saturday...I just won't have to get these things then...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I love our Food Lion. I hate to shop at any of the fancy stores Like Publix or Harris Teeter. Always find bargains at Food Lion! Love, K

    ReplyDelete