...I was so happy that not all of the tomatoes were ripe when we pulled up the plants...y'all know that the Man is not very fond of fried green tomatoes...he said they never ate them when he was growing up...so strange as they kept a big garden...
...I know some of these are tinged with pink and would ripen...but they'll not get the chance...
...sliced...
...sprinkled with corn meal...
...and Griddler-ed on the back porch...
...my plateful of fried green tomatoes...with marinated tofu and a sweet potato...yum!
...I convinced the Man to start a Chinese series...it's called Meet Yourself...and it starts off really really sad...the main character's best friend dies...and so she quits her job and moves to Yunnan province because her friend had always wanted to visit there with her...and she was always too busy to go...
...we made it through the first episode...and I'll probably continue watching this one alone...haha...it's good...subtitled and beautifully filmed...it's just not the Man's cup of tea...haha...
...I finished The Three Musketeers...maybe the Man would like a movie version of that...and I've got two books on hold at the library...The Perks of Being a Wallflower...it came up in the queue after we watched But I'm a Cheerleader...and a little research told me that the book is supposed to be much better than the movie...maybe we'll watch the movie anyway...I like the actors in it...and A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole - supposed to be hilariously funny...he's a southern author and this book was published posthumously after he killed himself...so that's kindof sad...
...so not being able to get those books (the wait is currently 4 weeks for each)...I went down to the children's section and got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl...I've just started it and I'm positive that I've already read it...probably with Our Airman when he was little...
...what have you been watching and reading lately?...
~Have a lovely weekend!
Saturday, August 15, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Our book club just read Remarkably Bright Creatures. We all liked it- one had watched the recent movie starring Sally Fields. We all agreed she would be perfect for the leading role. I’ll watch it soon. I’ve loaded my Kindle with lots of titles for our upcoming river cruise. Love, K
ReplyDeleteI read the book and watched the movie recently. It was quite good. I hope you enjoy it.
DeleteI read A Confederacy of Dunces. I didn't find it hilariously funny though you might think otherwise once you read it. The book was very different to what I normally read and I did enjoy it. I'm going to check out the Meet Yourself series if I can find it.
ReplyDelete