Saturday, August 22, 2026

...8.22...Dinner and a Movie...

...the Man made a hot dog cooking sauce...not exactly sure what all is in it...but some tomato, onion, vegan beef bouillon, and vinegar...and I imagine some spices...
...I have never had a New York hot dog so I don't really have anything to compare it to...then he wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven...I generally have a nice toasty bun...but this soft version was nice too...
...and he added slaw...of course...
...and served it with air fried French Fries...it was really delicious...I enjoyed it a lot...

...and the movie was the 1973 version of The Three Musketeers...and it was pretty good...
...I was a little bit worried by the 1970's special effects as seen here...haha...but thanksfully, they only did that during the credits...

...I'd never seen it...and was sort of surprised by it...it's pretty close to the original...not literal...but close...and it was funny...which was a little bit unexpected...the cast was pretty well-known too...

Michael York as D'Artagnan
Raquel Welch as Constance Bonacieux
Oliver Reed as Athos
Frank Finlay as Pothos
Richard Chamberlain as Aramis
Faye Dunaway as Milady de Winter
Charlton Heston as Cardinal Richelieu
Christopher Lee as the Count De Rochefort

...I enjoyed the movie too...

...what have you been watching lately?...

...in books this week...I finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I was entertained...it was a fun little book...so then I just chose another book from the 100 Best books list...and it was not a 'best' book...The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks...I don't really know what to say about this one...it's pretty horrific...and of course I read the last chapter first...so I know something I'm not supposed to know yet...it's a book about a teenaged serial killer and his family...he has a brother who tortures and kills dogs...very difficult to read...and I've got no idea how it got onto the 100 best books of all time list...I can't imagine anyone saying they 'enjoyed' this one...but then...Lolita was on there as well...and it was about as cringe-y and it could be...

...what have you been reading lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny about the movie cast! I’ll have to watch it! Live, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you writing about the Lolita movie but it was a different one from the one I've seen with James Mason and Shelly Winters. I think you'd like that one better as it was not so 'in your face'. Currently, I'm re-reading The Morning and The Evening by Ken Follett. I didn't remember reading it years ago until after I got into it again. I'm enjoying it once again.

    ReplyDelete