Monday, July 24, 2023

...7.24...What I ate in New Mexico...as a Vegan...

...not a proper What I Ate in a Day post...but just to show how easy it is to eat vegan even away from home...
...we did a very small grocery shop with Our Airman...just to get some tofu...and snacks really...

...the photos are just in date order...so it won't really be breakfast/lunch/dinner every day...just a smattering of a lot of the food I ate...but definitely not all of it...
...each morning at breakfast I snagged an apple and an orange and a banana from the lobby breakfast area to have as snacks for later...this is one of the apples...
...one of the chocolate cookie snacks we got...
...I snacked on these delicious cherries...and devoured them all pretty quickly...
...I sliced some tofu into little 'fingers' and baked it...it was really handy having a kitchen in our hotel room...
...nice a crispy...I had also gotten some BBQ sauce at the grocery store...so that made a nice protein-rich snack...but I don't think I took a photo of it...and that's my apple/orange/banana for snacks later on...and a small bowl of granola...
...but this is tofu on an English muffin with some vegan Chao cheese for breakfast...
...for supper one night we had veggie dogs...
...I got the Chicago Veggie dog...
...it was awesome...so fun...
...a sort of trail mix snack I got at the breakfast bar...walnuts/pepitas/raisins/craisins...yummy...
...milky English tea with a fig bar and an orange...
...more tofu...
...a bowl of Cheerios with a banana...Daddy's breakfast...
...we had gotten lemons at the grocery store...and they had a fridge full of water for residents in the lobby...so we each got a bottle but then we just kept refilling it and adding lemons to it...
...I used the "Vegan Eating Out" app a lot...this was at Applebees and the app tells you what's vegan...and also how to order things that aren't vegan but are easily made so...like the broccoli and green beans...you just have to order them without the lemon pepper butter...
...Chinese takeaway tofu ...I had two meals out of this...
...a deli Reuben...just mustard...no sauce...tomato lettuce and sauerkraut...it was really good...
...we celebrated my birthday early by going to a sushi restaurant...it was awesome...I had a salad with ginger dressing...
...an avocado roll...and edamame...
...another pub meal...included applesauce off the kid's menu...haha...
...breakfast out...we only did that once...I got the hashbrowns with all the veggie omelet mixins...and toast...
...another pub meal...must be a theme...this one is a brew pub...and that's my watermelon 'beer'...really not very beer-y...it was more like a malt drink...and a fried pickle...
...our server said the only vegan things on the menu were this salad and the fried pickles...so that's what I had...
...and Our Airman's favorite food is asian...so we had it multiple times...we shared a delicious pot of jasmine tea...
...and a rather spicy General Tso's Tofu...
...seriously...multiple times...a delicious veggie tofu bowl...
...and after that...vegan ice cream...
...a perfect cold sweet...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun with the food on the trip! That veggie dog looks great - that's one thing I miss when out at a sports event or something similar - would be great to have the veggie dog option. Love, K

    ReplyDelete