Thursday, July 06, 2023

...7.6...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...a quick breakfast at Mom's...the Man wanted to get on the road early to avoid the 'going home from holiday' traffic...everything bagel (my favorite)...vegan cream cheese...strawberries and tomato...
...but there really was no traffic to speak of...we had an uneventful ride home...and I made a quick tofu sammie for lunch...it was delicious...I love sandwiches so so much...on the side there was a little bit of leftover spinach in the fridge...so I made a quick cream of spinach soup with that...and added some Saltines...of course...
...for dessert (do you have dessert after lunch?)...I had a small bowl of watermelon...I probably should have used a larger bowl...haha...
...then in the afternoon...while I was preparing all the veg we had for supper...I cooked the lone beet along with its greens for a little snack...just topped with some EB...so good...I love beets...especially fresh from the garden...
...then I made my favorite cucumber salad...it's so easy...just cucumber...tomato...onion...and store-bought Italian dressing...that's it...
...and when I was packing up the veg to bring home from my sweet brother and SIL's garden...she said for me not to ignore the larger cucumbers as I was just picking out the smaller ones...as they didn't have big seeds...and she was right...
...just mixed that all up...it's a 5 minute process tops...and the little red onion was one my sweet sissie pulled by accident...
...I got out a zucchini and a yellow squash...so happy that it's SQUASH SEASON now...
...sliced the yellow one thinly and sprinkled it with corn meal...
...and slices some thicker rounds of the zucchini for the Man to saute...
...and the yellow squash went straight onto the Griddler...
...for some perfect fat free southern style scrambled 'fried' squash...
...the beans and Nanny's Mexican Cornbread were made before we left...but the squash salad and green beans made the meal perfect...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the veggies. I'm eating on the same pile of cukes and squash, plus some more that we picked this morning! Just gotta love Keith and Denise's hard work! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete