Friday, July 07, 2023

...7.7...Friday Favorites...Grandmas...

...I saw these two photos on the wall and Mom's...I actually see them every time I'm there...haha...y'all have 'met' them here on the blog before...because I often talk about them...
...my 'Nanny'...
...and my Grandma...she had red hair like my sissie...
...and a nod to the Man's Mamaw too...his mom sent me this recipe card...I thought it was so neat...she said the recipe was originally written out by his Great Grandma in pencil...the recipe came from a cookbook that she got with her cookstove in the 'teens...and then the faded print was later traced over by by his Grandmother (Mamaw)...

...if you zoom into the picture...you can see that his Great Grandma used the abbreviation Tbsps for the Tablespoons...and the chocolate was originally 2 oz...so a bar of chocolate and Mamaw changed it to cocoa powder without changing the word chocolate...and the Soft Ball at the bottom was an addition...

...and I'm thinking this card is over 100 years old...amazing...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, those are sweet photos....and I have a few of those old cards that have "usage stains" on them....none that old though! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an old recipe card. It must have been a family favourite. I can sure see the resemblance between you and your nanny in the 2nd photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love history and the past, what a cool discovery you have.

    ReplyDelete