Tuesday, July 04, 2023

...7.4...Happy Fourth of July...from Mom's...

...I know this is a really late post...
...a view I never tire of...
...we spent hours and hours in the pool...I was so pruned up and waterlogged...and my arms were like jelly from all the swimming and fun play...
...the Man said I looked like 'Alfalfa'...haha...and my sweet sissie snapped a photo...and we were surprised to learn that both of the younger generations knew who Alfalfa was...
...we were called out of the pool when lunch was ready...and my sweet sissie did a good job of documenting all of that over at her blog 'Mccraw Sails'...
...my overstuffed plate...and these were HUGE plates...I've never seen paper plates this large before...I had an Impossible burger (furnished and seasoned by my sweet sissie and her hubbie)...veg baked beans...that asian cabbage salad (veganized by my sweet niece-in-law)...two ears of corn and some delicious grilled squash...all so yummy...and I really did eat it all...whew!
...for dessert my sweet sissie had also veganized a box cake mix...we have a couple of July birthdays to celebrate...
...and also one July anniversary...
...and the cake was delicious too...of course...and I ate that in addition to my huge plate of food...haha...
...just as we finished up with lunch it came quite the downpour...so we remained under our tents just visiting for a while...
...it was very pleasant sitting there chatting with the fam while the rain pitter-pattered on the tent-tops...
...after another few hours in the pool...we got out the fireworks...
...it wasn't really dark...
...but these were simple ones that don't really require it to be dark to enjoy...
...I captured an explosion and the rocket falling away against the still-rainy sky...
...the kiddos loved the sparklers...
...and the roman candles...
...and the snakes...
...and we ended the day up at my baby brother's house with drinks in the hot tub...the boys were sitting around the fire pit...not sure why there's no photo of that...haha...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Was a great visit, wasn't it?? Sorry that it's over - could do that every day! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a very nice July 4th celebration. How lovely to have a pool at your mom's too and that view is amazing.

    ReplyDelete