Tuesday, July 18, 2023

...7.18...Come Fly with me...

...I know I've said this before...but I absolutely LOVE traveling...I mean the actually traveling part...absolutely everything about the trip...the airport...the airplane...the flight...and the food...I love it all...
...snapped a quick pic in the parking lot...so we can easily find our car when we get back...haha...
...a quick trip through TSA...
...they still have their July 4th decorations up...
...waiting at the gate to board...
...in our seats...not too much activity...I usually like to watch all the hubbbub on the tarmac before takeoff...
...then the tilted back rush of takeoff...love that...
...I always get a window seat...because I love the difference in perspective from this height...
...drinks were served...I got a cranberry juice cocktail...so yummy...
...and then this delicious vegan lunch...it was all so so good...a little dish of crudites and two different kinds of hummus...a nice cool lentil salad with squash, radish, broccolini and snap peas and a delicious green-citrusy dressing...some kind of a little pressed cake for dessert...I'm so happy that they offer vegan food...
...and I love that the napkins have a little buttonhole on them...you know...so you can attach it to your button up shirt...which I don't think anyone was even wearing...but I do love the idea of it...
...up above the clouds...I love being up here...and so weird that flying doesn't make me carsick as almost every other form of travel does...
...the descent to Dallas...they had us all shut our little window blinds because of the heat...
...through a really HOT tunnel to board another flight...
...and this time I did get to watch some activity out the window...
...it's an amazing process...I saw them load the food onto the plane...and all the luggage...they scan each bag as they put it onto the conveyor...
...flying into a gorgeous sunset...
...and approaching Albuquerque just at twighlight...
...instead of an AirBnB like we usually do...we opted to get an apartment suite at the same hotel Our Airman is staying at...we thought it'd be more convenient for him and we'd get to visit with him more as he'll be in class through the day...I called the hotel as requested a room on the same floor as Our Airman...and they said they'd do their best to accommodate us...and we got a room just up the hall from his...so perfect...
...there's a little kitchen and dining area...and a living room area with seating for us all...
...and the bedroom is just a typical hotel bedroom...it'll be perfect for this trip...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Feel the same; loooooove travelling! I used to travel many times a year; did not go anywyere since 2020 ;-( I am impressed with your vegan meal; Air Canada does not offer nice things like that! Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete