Monday, July 03, 2023

...7.3...Over the Weekend...

...we got up super early this morning and headed up to the mountains for the 4th...expecting traffic to be bad...but it was not at all...so that was nice...
...let's back up a bit to the weekend though...I should have taken so many more pictures...we crammed the car full of 'junk' from the basement for another trip to goodwill...and that accomplished...the Man searched for a nearby Mexican restaurant...and found a new-to-us Taqueria...the apple drink was the Man's but I tried it and it was really good...better than my punch...
...so we tried that...and it was really good...really just a simple little authentic family restaurant...I just got rice and beans...and the two sauces were so awesome...the red one is kind of spicy so I used it sparingly...but the green tomatillo one was used in abundance...
...when we got home...I mixed up the leftover sauce from the lasagna with some ziti and put it into the freezer...it will make a quick weeknight dinner...I'll just cover it with some vegan cheese and bake it...
...then I baked the tofu for the coming week...and while the oven was on...
...and then while the oven was on...I mixed up Nanny's Mexican Cornbread...the vegan version...
...and I used the still partially wrapped stick of Plant Based butter to grease my cast iron biscuit pan...
...and filled it up...
...and baked one of my favorite foods ever...I can remember sitting at the little counter in the kitchen beside Nanny's stove looking out the window at Lisa's dog lot...eating big slabs of this Mexican Cornbread...it's so good and nostalgic for me...
...and finally...I loaded up the bread maker to make a loaf of French bread...but after the preliminary mixing...it failed to complete the rest of the cycle...so I just dumped it out onto a pizza pan and sort of roughly shaped it into a loaf...and baked it in the oven...it turned out crispy and good...chewy and probably better than baking it in the bread machine...so it must be just about time to get a new bread maker...or maybe not...haha...

~Wishing you a lovey start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Neat Mexican place that you found! Those drinks do look refreshing. I think I've seen them propped in the window of the "tiendas" in Siler City. Love, K

    ReplyDelete