Monday, May 10, 2021

...5.10....Over the Weekend...

...we started the weekend with waffles...well...I did...
...but the Man...as usual...prefered pancakes...so I made those too...
...as promised...I really did go shopping...and of course I wore a mask and socially distanced...
...inside the store...for the first time in months...
...and more than one store too...I went to Aldi...I haven't been there since last year...
...and I went to Food Lion and Harris Teeter too...
...and I got so much food...SO MUCH food...
...everything was well stocked...so I restocked some canned goods...
...and at Aldi I got this neat rigid sided silicone baking mat...
...so when I got home...I got everything stowed away...I sliced the strawberries (not in season...but I bought them anyway)...and sprinkled them with sugar...covered the bowl with a silicon cover...
...rinsed and covered the blueberries...the same way...
...put the apples and oranges in a big wooden bowl...
...then I washed and tried out the silicone baking mat...by making some peanut butter cookies...
...the mat worked perfectly...it says you don't need a baking tray underneath...so that's the way I used it and it worked fine...the cookies were yummy with a glass of almond milk...
...then on the food prep front...I made a new to me...hard steamed cheese...this one from Low Carb Vegan...
...steamed and cooled... ..
...it slices perfectly...
...the slices really do look and feel like a nice hard cheese...
...so we tried it on some Vegan crackers...and I must say that plain...it did not have a lot of flavor...I'll probably make it again...and add some more cheese-y flavors to it...
...but the texture was nice...and I dressed the crackers up a bit with some fancy olives and some lingonberry jam...and they were really good...
...I made Mom's Rum cake recipe...it uses a boxed cake mix...so it's really easy...
...it turned out perfectly...I didn't pour any rum syrup over it though...VEGANIZED BACARDI RUM CAKE recipe here...scroll down to the bottom.
...and then the only other food prep I did was to make a pan of corn muffins...
...just to have them in the freezer whenever I want one...or two...
...first of all...these flowers came...
...I've never gotten sunflowers before...and they each had a little plastic sock on the buds for protection...
...I'm sure they'll open up and be beautiful...and if they're like daisies they will last a long time too...I love them...
...and then a little bit later this box arrived...to bad they couldn't combine shipping...
...and it's a vase of multi-coloured tulips from Our Airman...
...I love tulips...and he often gave me the potted kind for Mother's Day when he was in the states...
...they're pretty tightly closed too...but I'm sure they'll open up and be beautiful...

...I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day with your families...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. What a happy post! Going yourself in food stores must have been delightfull! Well... It is for me! Those are my only "trips" since more than a year (except going to work, wich i had to do via zoom for months!) so I enjoy every minute ;-) (Silly; i know)

    This cheeselooks totally tempting. I put it on my "to do list". Thank you!

    Haha; Jack loves the smell of flowers? He is so cute!!!
    One of my kids offered me a bouquet of tulips (my favourite) too.
    We are lucky to have so nice kids!

    p.s. got vaccinated today ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...the cheese is really good texture wise...and I think I can tweak it and make it better...I had a good time with the grocery shopping...it just seemed a little strange to me after over a year away...I'm so glad you got vaccinated...I hope your second shot causes you no issues at all...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. You had a great and colorful busy weekend! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...weekends are the best...sometimes on Monday morning I feel like I didn't even have a weekend...but then I upload all the photos...and I'm like...yeah...I did...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete