Monday, May 17, 2021

...5.17...Over the Weekend...

...I had vegan egg-dipping sauce leftover from the Tuesday's with Julia post...
...so I made some toast 'soldiers' to go with that for breakfast...it was yummy...
...and then I did the weekly shop...in person again...
...I got lots of fresh veg...and I bought two different kinds of Silk vegan milk...
...because for some reason none of the three stores that I went to had any of my favorite Silk...so I'm like...what's up with that...
...I bought these fancy tomatoes for the famous Vegan Tik-Tok feta and tomato bake...more on that in a bit...
...I'm trying to cure an algae problem that we're having with Our Airman's big fish tank...he says it won't hurt them...I've treated the water...and covered the tank to limit the amount of light it gets...so hopefully it will clear up soon...
...I did the tiniest bit of food prep...by cutting up the mangoes I had gotten last week...
...and putting them in the freezer...they're for a mango bruschetta recipe that I didn't get around to making...yet...haha...do you do that too?...
...and then I got started on the Tik Tok recipe...I don't actually have the Tik-tok app...but found the recipe quite easily on YouTube...and I made the Vegan Feta from Edgy Veg......not really subbing anything...but I did add an extra Tablespoon of lemon juice...and 2 Tablespoons of sauerkraut juice...and put that in the fridge to set up...
...so then I washed the fancy little tomatoes...
...and drained them...
...and got the tofu feta out of the fridge...
...probably not quite chilled enough...it won't matter for this recipe though...
...and plopped that in the center of a baking dish...
...surrounded it with tomatoes...
...drizzled over the olive oil...
...onions are not in the original recipe...I just like onions in my tomatoe-y sauces...so I added some green onion...
...same goes for the minced garlic...
...I didn't have any fresh basil...but we love this freeze dried basil...it's the next best thing...
...salt and pepper...
...a pinch of red pepper flakes...
...and we were done...it's certainly pretty going into the oven...
...I munched on some of the baby cucumbers that I bought...they're my faves...I much prefer them to salad cucumbers...
...and then I looked in the cupboard...where I thought that I had some farfalle...you can of course serve this with any pasta...and the farfalle were not there...not sure what happened to them...maybe they were out of date and the Man tossed them...
...so I cooked a big pot of fiori...drained them...
...rinsed them a bit...
...and set them aside...

...and then because it wasn't quite suppertime...and I had not yet had my daily bike ride...I suited up and went...I really...really thought that I had turned off the oven...and I wished that I had taken a photo of the dish at that point...because it was quite pretty...
...but when I came back from my ride...my nose told me that...in fact...I had not turned off the oven...arghhhh...and the dish is definitely over done...
...but I don't mind a little 'char' on my food...maybe not quite this much...and the top of the feta was quite crispy...but I went ahead and stirred it all up per the recipe...
...and served it over the pasta...
...and you know what...it was actually pretty delicious...I'm definitely making it again...I may not spend all the money on the tiny tomatoes...maybe I'll just cut up some romas...but I think it's a really good dish...have you tried the Tik-Tok feta recipe?...
...then Sunday after Church...we 'celebrated' our anniversary by getting Mexican takeout...we've still not been out to eat...but we may go soon...and I'm looking forward to it...
...but the takeout was a lot of fun too...
...then we spent the rest of the afternoon doing some automobile maintenance...the Man changed the battery in my old old car...
...and I got out the pressure washer that Mom gave us...
...to clean the back of the truck...where the yellow pollen had settled into the bedliner and become unremoveable by any other method...

...funny that we kind of "worked on" each other's vehicles...
...so now we have a nice clean bedliner...
...and a nice new battery...

...what did you get up to over the weekend?

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. The Tic Tok dish really does look good. I buy canned no goes for recipes at the dollar store!! In recipes like salsa you can't tell them from fresh and they're a whole lot easier to store! Live, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yep...I'm definitely going to re-do this recipe...with regular tomatoes...even overdone it was really really good...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. This yolk dipping sauce looks absolutely perfect!

    It's always a pleasure to see Jack looking for the purchases of the week! He seems like a so n ice dog!!!!

    Not making a recipe that i was supposed to do???? Too many times ;-)

    Your cheese and tomato dish is absolutely awesome!

    Have a nice end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...I love that vegan egg yolk...it's perfect...and Jack is a funny one about anything 'strange' that comes into the house...but once he's had his little sniff and pronounced it "OK"...then he doesn't pay it any more attention...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete