Wednesday, May 05, 2021

...5.5...W.I.P. Wednesday...and the Bride Doll Project begins...

...first of all...I made some progress on the grey socks...I did go back and re-dye (with Sharpie and alcohol) the heel and the toe...and I can't say that I'm any happier with it...in fact, I think I'm less happy with it than when it was the lighter grey...because now I think it has a kind of purple hue that doesn't really match the more neutral tone of the variegated yarn...oh well...maybe that will fade with washing...and it can't really be undone...so I'm living with it...

...and I'll just continue the K2 P2 ribbing until I run completely out of the available yarn...

...now...on to the Bride Doll Project...
...after we restored my Mom's Bride Doll...I was reminded that I had purchased a Bride Doll of my own...many...many...MANY years ago...
...I have googled and you can still find this exact doll on ebay, etsy, and worthpoint...but I don't find her for sale new on any of the big craft sites anymore...
...and this is what she looks like new in the bag...
...unclothed...
...but she came with the pattern to make a crocheted Wedding Gown...

...and I still have that original pattern as well...and I thought about using it to make her gown...

...but I'm going to dress her exactly like I was dressed on my Wedding Day all those years ago...right down to the unders...haha...
...she's 15 inches tall...and brunette and her eyes open and close (still)...
...I actually did a little bit with her about 20 years ago...haha...I'm going to resurrect an old hard drive because I'm pretty sure I took some photos with my old Jam Cam...

...so let the Bride Doll Project begin...

...have you ever let a project linger in your Workbasket for 20 years or more?...

...I confess that this Bride Doll is not the only 20+ year old W.I.P...I should definitely do something about that...

...What's in your Workbasket?

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Well, how cool is that? Will be fun to see your progress. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...doing Mom's bride doll was fun too...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. she will be a most beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thanks Karen!
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete