Monday, May 17, 2021

...5.17...Bride Doll Project...Day TEN...

...the actual dress portion of the project finally begins...
...the bodice has the smallest little pieces to sew together...and it's the logical place to begin anyway...so I stitched the lining pieces together...
...and then the lace...definitely not a fan of sewing lace...not sure how Mom managed yards and yards of it all those years ago...or maybe large amounts are easier to deal with than tiny amounts...
...carefully pinned the lining and the lace to the ruffled neckline flounce...
...and stitched that all around...
...then I added the basque waist pieces beneath the bust...front and back...
...and then stitched the sides...
...and added a velcro closure at the back...
...and then it was time for a little fitting...
...and I must say I'm really happy with how the bodice and waist have turned out...I think the bottom skirt part will be a lot less trouble...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments: