Saturday, May 08, 2021

...5.8...Dinner and a Movie...

...for starters we had somehow let the day get away with us...so we were late even thinking about supper...
...so I made my Curry in a Hurry...nothing special...but it is quick...
...garbanzos from the freezer (always good to have those on hand)...a can of tomatoes...powdered coconut milk...a microwaved sweet potato cut into chunks and some curry powder, frozen cilantro cubes...and fresh greens...
...it makes a nice easy one pot meal...
...and we had leftover rice in the fridge as well...

...so it was the Man's turn to choose the movie...and unfortunately he chose the new Borat Subsequent Moviefilm...and we started watching it...now I never saw the original Borat film...but I know the Man and Our Airman watched it and thought it was funny...but we didn't make it 20 minutes into this one before I finally said I'd had enough...not funny...mostly weird...but if that's your thing...ok...

...so then the Man redeemed himself and chose The Grand Budapest Hotel to finish out the evening...and this is truly one of the very best films I've ever seen...if you've not seen it I definitely recommend it...it's a beautifully filmed story about some people...my favorite kind of movie...I may watch it again...in case I missed anything the first time...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Grand Budapest Hotel also!! And your curry does look yummy. I have to add cilantro to mine separately since Duane doesn't care for it at all! But I sort of think it makes the dish just right. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I'm definitely a fan of cilantro...and the Man likes it well enough for me to add it to curries and salsa...but I definitely also know people who can't stand to be in the same room with it...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete