Monday, May 24, 2021

...5.24...Over the Weekend...

...this seemed like a really busy weekend for some reason...
...Friday night I made a pot of grits...and put them in a tupperware to set up...
...which they did quite nicely...Saturday morning...I had this solid rubbery log of grits...
...so...I sliced it up...
...into neat little squares for frying...
...got some Earth Balance and olive oil heated up...
...and put the little square in the pan...
...flipped them over when they were nice and golden...and that was our weekend breakfast...
...they came and mowed the hayfield beside the house...
...it looks like they've got a good stand of hay this year...and the weather should be perfect for it...hot and dry...
...I did the weekly shop...and I went to Stuff-Mart (a.k.a. Walmart)...something I don't normally do...but I needed to get some coloured cotton yarn for some dishcloths...wink...

...of note...all those tomatoes are to try and remake the TikTok feta bake...and I didn't splurge on the cute little this time...and who knew that Stuff-Mart had organic flour...I did not...but I bought some...still no joy for my favorite Silk cashew and almond milk...boo...
...and I did get the yarn that I came for...a pretty seafoamy green/blue/purple...so that will make some pretty non-white dishcloths for my sweet Sissie's boat...

...and I passed a clearance rack...and spied something that I actually need...a pair of black swimsuit bottoms for $1...they're a little too big though...as in WAY too big...they are size 5XXXXX...so huge...but I'm going to cut them down to size and maybe add a skirt over them...and the pretty little flowered leggings are size 2XX...also too big...haha...but I think once I trim them down to size...they will look cute under the long purple top my sissie gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago...it was marked $3...but when I checked out it rang up as $1 as well...so I actually spent more on the yarn than on the two clearance items...haha...
...so when I got home...I got the groceries all stowed away...and washed the collards...
...and got them into the InstantPot...the Man had already started a crockpot full of "yellow eyes"...
...they came and sealed up the parking lot of the church...
...I mentioned before that I'm trying to clear up an algae problem in Our Airman's big tank...I'm sure if he were here he'd fix it quickly...the internet tells me that what we have here is called "green water"...and I've already tried covering the tank...
...but Our Airman thinks that additional filtration is what's needed...so I rummaged around in the basement and found his old canister filter sytem...so I ordered a bunch of things to set that up from Amazon...
...and got that all set up and in place...so hopefully it will fix the green water issue...
...they came back and raked the hay...
...I would say that it smelled awesome...because a new mown hayfield usually does...but all you can smell is the tar from the pavement over at the Church...
...the greens were done quickly...I ate all of the stems for a snack...love those...
...our air conditioner froze up...I thought I had taken a photo of it as a solid block of ice but apparently not...and thankfully it's working properly again...it's 88° F...(31.1° C)
...in the evening...I went over to the Church and got the Confirmation classroom set up for a socially distanced in-person class for the first time in a year and a half...I'm really thankful that we were able to continue our classes over Zoom...but I'm really happy to be back in the classroom...
...and a snapped a few photos of the newly sealed pavement...
...it's still pretty stinky...
...they came back and painted nice crisp new lines...
...it seems very summer-y all of a sudden...
...they came back and baled the hay...
...we had our beans and greens and cornbread for dinner...
...and then the bales were gone...so they really made short work of that...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness you were busy!!! And I hate that you ended up having to get more yarn, wink, wink. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...haha...I'll use any reason to get more yarn...and after a year and a half of not buying ANY...
      Love,
      T

      Delete