Saturday, May 15, 2021

...5.15...Dinner and a Movie...

...this dinner was suggested by Our Airman - it's a very popular dish on Okinawa...and planned and (mostly) executed by the Man...
...my invovlement was mostly just shopping...and I found this Just Egg at the local Food Lion...I've not seen it before and I applaud all of their efforts to provide more plant based alternatives...
...and I did a little bit of the prep work...initally the Man had put pineapple on the grocery list...so last week I bought a can of pineapple...and he said that was funny because he wanted a fresh pineapple...haha...
...so I got that prepped and into a bowl for him...
...and then I blended up all of those extra little bits...that are either too fibrous or have one of the little brown nubs in them...and then I strained the pulp and got a nice cupful of fresh pineapple juice...it was delicious...
...I've not seen the actual recipe...but he started with peppers and onions...
...added some of the fluffly brown rice and frozen mixed veg...
...and scrambled up some Just Egg...
...I must say I'm impressed...I'll have to do a proper 'test' as just a breakfast food with toast...not in a recipe...
...then added the scrambled Just Egg...
...the pineapple chunks...
...and the TVP ham...and stir fried it all on high heat for a few minutes...
...I am definitely a fan...
...Vegan Sp-TVP-ham Fried Rice is da Bomb...I think I want to try it again with this Vegan Ham...cut into Chunks...for more of a Spam-like recreation than the TVP crumbles...

...and the movie was my choice and it wasn't a movie...but a few episodes of Kim's Convenience...it's a new series for us...it's just about some people...and it's funny but not hilariously so...and there are lots of poignant family situations...it's an older series on Netflix...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. Funny; i just tried the JustEgg but in it's "folded" version. Did not find the liquid yet. I wonder if they taste the same.

    I'm watching "Greta" on Netflix (the one with Isabelle Huppert).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...I've not tried it just as eggs yet...but I'm going to have that for breakfast one day this week and use it up...I'm happy to have this liquid version in the local grocery store too...I started watching Greta on an airplane but couldn't finish it...way too stressful for me...and no way to watch the ending first...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say; your rice looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Beth!
      ...and Happy Birthday to you!
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete