Wednesday, May 19, 2021

...5.19...Bride Doll Project...Day TWELVE...

...I've already admitted that I had a lot of 'funny' ideas about things I wanted and didn't want at my wedding...and one of the things I didn't want to do...was that part where the Groom lifts the veil from the Bride's face before 'the kiss'...
...so I chose...what was called in the wedding vernacular of the time...a "fingertip blusher veil"...
...here it sits...(for some reason)...on a pile of wedding gifts...but you can see that it consists of a stiff ring or wreath of flowers...each hand-sewn by yours truly...of course Mom did the netting and the lace...

...I remember we bought the stiff band specifically at a notions shop...and maybe it was meant to be used for a waistband...maybe Mom remembers...
...so again...I used some of a plastic jug...those things sure do come in handy for crafting...haha...

...I just made a loop with the plastic and stitched the ends together by hand...and then stitched a length of ribbon all around it...
...I made the flowers...pink and white...by cutting up some petals from some dollar store fakes...and then gathering them up and stitching them to form little flowers...
...and then stitched them...by hand...just like I did all those years ago...
...and tied a bow at the back...
...it was a lot more work that it appears to be...haha...but the wreath part of the veil is complete...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, more intricate work! I didn't remember why your veil was open in front... Love,K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...haha...yeah...looking back and remembering all those little details reminds me of how quirky it all really was...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. What a swell photo from your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete