Thursday, May 27, 2021

...5.27...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...for breakfast...I had a bowl of Cheerios and banana with almond milk...
...mid-morning snack was a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana...and tea...
...for lunch I heated up some leftover black beans and plain rice...added some salsa and a Foreman grilled sweet potato...it was yummy...
...afternoon snack...I used the mandoline to slice up a potato and then microwaved the slices into perfect crisp chips...I love those a lot...
...and then while I was cooking dinner...I snacked on some of those cute little peppers, tomato and cucumber...
...then for dinner...I was experimenting with a vegan meatloaf...and I wasn't sure how it would turn out...but it worked perfectly...this is just TVP crumbles with some peppers and onions...hydrated with water...and just sort of pressed into a baking dish...
...and it held together and made a perfect little vegan meatloaf...
...served with Grandma's mashed and peas...of course...and ketchup...it was perfect comfort food...
...the only other thing I think I had was one of these drinks...I found a tote with about 15 of these still in it from our trip to the beach before the kiddos left for Japan...I brought them all upstairs...and I'll probably just try to drink one a day until they're all gone...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I had a bit of a "fail" at a restaurant yesterday....I ordered a nacho plate (was listed as an appetizer) but I didn't read the menu carefully enough. I've done this many times and it's usually just chips, cheese, peppers, etc. But this one had meat in it. They offered to remake it (very nice of them) but I just ended up swapping meals with Duane and it turned out fine. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...nice that y'all can do swapsies...we were ordering from a new to us Mexican...for takeout...and I of course asked if there was any meat in the beans and they told me no...but when we got there to pick up the order...the cashier spoke English pretty well...so I asked again...and guess what...yep...there was lard in them...so the Man got doubles...and I just fixed something else at home...just a little disappointing...does the lard in the beans bother you...or does it have to be 'protein'?...
      Love,
      T

      Delete