Wednesday, May 26, 2021

...5.26...Bride Doll Project...Day EIGHTEEN...

...the Bride Doll Project is now complete...Dolly has a little home...
...I went looking through my stash for some black material...and I found this very oddly shaped piece of black satin...it's from Our Airman's Darth Vader Halloween costume...from 2007...wow...such a long time ago...

...it's really jagged and barely covers the carboard...but I'm definitely going to use it up...haha...
...I just trimmed it up a little bit and hot glued it to the cardboard...I (almost) always wear gloves when I used a glue gun...I've seen a lot of people use their bare hands...but whenever I've tried that I invariably get burned...
...first I cut another piece of cardboard and covered it so Dolly would have something other than glass to stand on...
...and then I covered the long rectangle...see how the material barely covers the board...

...then I glued a piece of black paper over the back to cover up the cardboard and the ragged edges...but apparently I didn't take a photo of that...
...the finished back board...
...now...Dolly needs to be able to stand on her own...

...and quite a while ago...I had gotten this freebie at a Goodwill...it is (I think) an actual part of a doll stand...but I think the V end of it is supposed to slide into a support of some kind...which I don't have...also hence it was free...
...so I just turned it upside down...and I'll use that as the base...and then I made another loop at the (now) top out of a coathanger...
... to fit around her waist...
...and then slipped her into it feet first...
...and now she can stand on her own...
...so I just placed her in the center of the aquarium-turned-on-end...facing forward through the glass front...
...and popped the back cover in place...here you can see the paper covered back that I didn't photograph before...and the satin side is on the inside behind Dolly...and it just fits snugly inside the aquarium rim so no fasteners are needed...
...so that little (NOT) project is all finished...but really it was just a short time each day for...what...eighteen days...haha...

~Have a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. That's just lovely and so frugal of you too! Enjoyed seeing the process, you're a patient person for sure!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K,
      ...it was a lot of fun...your pretty dress with all those pleats would be really difficult to replicate...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. This has been such a remarkable process to watch! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thanks Beth!
      ...it was a lot of fun to do...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. I just scrolled back through and looked at all of the steps in outfitting your doll - what a neat project!
    (Also - my mom's wedding dress was almost the same exact pattern - but hers was eyelet, not lace.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth!
      ...it was a fun project...and now I smile everytime I walk in the room and see her...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. beautiful!! love the glass enclosure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      ...it was definitely a frugal use of something we already had...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete