Thursday, May 13, 2021

...5.13...Bride Doll Project...Day SEVEN...

...everyone is probably tired of looking at Dolly's bare top half...so she definitely needs a bra...
...and you may be wondering what a plastic jug might have to do with a bra...
...but I needed some plastic boning for the type of bra that I wore...so I just cut some strips from the jug...they're the right amount of stiff and flexible for a doll bra...

...my gown had a flounced sabrina neckline...which sits right on the edge of the shoulder...so you can't wear a regular bra with straps...
...now obviously no photos of me wearing the bra exist...thankfully...but it was a lot like this one...it had an elastic waist like this...and lace...and it even had a small blue flower center front...so I guess I could have used that for my 'something blue'...
...and I also needed a hook...so I just formed one out of a straight pin...
...and cut off the sharp point...
...and shaped that into a hook that can catch in the loop I'm going to make in the elastic for that purpose...
...then I just cut out the panels...from the cotton backing and the lace...and stitched over the boning with a zig-zag stitch...and stitched it to a strip of elastic...my bra had perfect little channels that the boning slid into...but this one is too tiny for that...
...so then I trimmed the boning...and cut out the area where the cups will attach...and you can see the little hook and loop closure on the elastic band too...
...stitched the little cups in place...
...the neatly finished inside view...
...and here is Dolly wearing her brand new brassiere...
...and a back view...not that there's a lot to see as the back is bare...but I'm really happy with how it turned out...and happy I only have to make one of these...because it was pretty tedious...

~Have a lovelyy day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is much more complicated than I figured at the beginning! You're so creative! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I think the bra is probably the most complicated part...whew...glad it's over with...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. wow! that is neat how you are recreating the clothing. I didn't know you could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    ...I'm pretty tickled with how it's turning out so far...not a museum piece...but a lot of fun...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete