Monday, May 31, 2021

...5.31...Over the Weekend...

...the tree guys came back...after quite the hiatus...and all they really accomplished was to make it even more likely that Jack can escape...as they cleaned up a bunch of the limbs around where they took the fence down...which will have to stay down until the cut the big trunk...which they did not do...
...I did the weekly shop...of note...Violife cheese was $1 off...so I bought every kind they had...haha...and FINALLY my favorite Silk milk was back in stock...and we're going to try the Tuno from Loma Linda...this one is sweet chili flavored...
...and in TWO of the British shows we watch on BritBox...recently...in entirely different shows...they mentioned Builders Tea...and the phrase make mine a Builders...so...of course we had to try that out...and I was thrilled when that arrived from Amazon...and you know the Man...he's much more susceptible to Amazon's suggestions that I am...haha...that's why we also have a box of Welsh Brew...haha...
...the Builders has very specific instructions...and a super-super short brew time of 20 seconds...whaaaa...
...but I followed the instructions...
...and added sugar and almond milk...and you know what...it's delicious...the Man liked it a lot too...he even had some for breakfast instead of coffee...no sugar though...just cream...
...while I as out shopping I got Mexican takeout...from a new (to us) "authentic" restaurant...it was really good...
...the Man's super old khakis that he just wears for working around the house are starting to wear out...so I mended two of them...by adding a little strip of tan fabric on the worn button hole areas...it should hold for a while...
...I made a small batch of vegan peanut butter cookies...
...and tried the Welsh Brew with those...I think I prefer the Builders...but the Welsh is good too...
...Our Airman's aquarium is finally back to normal...and I'm so happy about it...
...and finally...we saved a bunny...that Callie...arghhhh...

...I was leaving for my bike ride...and I heard an odd squeal...and Callie came prancing around the corner with this little guy in her mouth...so I jumped off my bike and took the bunny away from her...she gave him up easily...no fuss...I think she thinks she's doing a good thing...remember the Squirrel Rescue...

...anywhooo...the little guy was twitching oddly...but otherwise completely still...but still breathing...so I thought he probably would not survive...but I quickly put him in a basket in the laundry...thinking that at least if he died it wouldn't be with Callie chewing on him...

...but HAPPY me when I came back from my ride...and opened the laundry room door and the basket was empty...it took me a minute to find the little guy...but he seems completely recovered here hiding behind the vacuum cleaner...

...so I just reached down and scooped him up...he let out quite a squeal...and I took him all the way across the hay field and let him go in the little bit of woods there...and he scampered right off...so...so HAPPY about that little rescue...

...and one other funny thing happened after that...when I came inside...the Man said..."what's that on your shirt"...so I looked down onto my black shirt - right shoulder area...and guess what...a bird had pooped on me while I was riding my bike...and I didn't even notice...haha...

Happy Memorial Day...and blessings and peace to all those who have lost a loved one in the military...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious that you got pooped on....a small "wrong place at the wrong time" incident. Glad the bunny was OK, probably just in a little bit of shock to start with. And I've tried the Tuno. It was on sale at our Food Lion back last year so I picked up a few cans, thinking Richard and Miranda might like it. I was NOT a fan. It was just weird tasting. Hope your variety is better. I got some Violife cheese for our dinner the other day with the kids. Nice that our little Food Lion stocks a good assortment. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yep...FL is definitely doing a better job on the vegan front...I've not tried the Tuno yet...and now I'm a little worried about it...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. so glad the rescue worked out in a positive way! I need to go grocery shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...the little guy really just hopped hurriedly away...so I think he was pretty much unscathed...hopefully he'll stay away from Callie in the future...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Huzzzah on the rabbit save and the clean and bright fish tank!!

    ReplyDelete