Wednesday, May 12, 2021

...5.12...The Bride Doll Project...Day SIX...

...now...Dolly needs a brassiere...but I'm a little bit daunted by that project...so I'm going to go on to the shoes instead... ...I wore white ballet slippers with my wedding gown...not exactly sure why...I think maybe I thought they'd be super comfortable for a day spent mostly on my feet...better than heels anyway...which I rarely wore...
...you can sort of see them and the nude stockings in this photo of me chatting with a young wedding attendee at the reception...
...anywhoo...Dolly came with these white plastic heels...
...and since I knew these fit her...I decided to use them as a 'pattern'...
...and just using what I had to hand...I covered them with scotch tape...masking tape would, of course, have been a better choice...but I didn't want to go downstairs to the basement and look for it...
...I just trimmed it with an exacto knife...
...peeled it off and stuck it onto a sheet of scrap paper...and traced around it adding a bit of seam allowance...
...got out an old white vinyl tablecloth that I use for projects...
...and cut out two uppers using the pattern...and two insoles...(and yep...that's leftover pantie material...haha)...and a little bit of felt padding...
...turned under and top-stitched around the top of the uppers...
...and stitched the back heel closed...
...and I glued the lining to the padding...
...and we were ready for assembly...

...now...of course I don't have any type of a dolly shoe last for assembling doll shoes...so I'm just going to use her feet as lasts...so I just stuck some post it notes (the sticky part) to the bottoms of her feet...just to protect them from any glue...
...and then I stuck the insole (facing her foot) to that...
...and then I cut little slits in the uppers so that I could turn that under and glue it to the padding...
...slipped those onto her feet...
...sorry this is blurry...but I just used the glue gun...and using as little glue as possible glued those tabs down over the lining...
...it looks pretty hideous now...but...
...I cut little soles out of some ultra-suede...
...and glued them to the bottoms of the shoes...
...they fit Dolly perfectly...and they're so dainty and cute...
...the only thing missing is the little string bow...so I just stitched through the top center of the shoe and tied a bow...I think mine had a string tie that was functional...you could adjust the tightness of the slippers with it...but Dolly's will just be for show...
...and there you have it...little white ballet slippers for the Bride...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some tiny shoes! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...I have to go really slow with the machine sewing so small...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      ...it's been such a fun project so far...I wish I'd done it sooner...maybe she'll be finished now before the granddaughters come back to the States...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete