Saturday, May 22, 2021

...5.22...Dinner and a Movie...

...I had a crockpot full of black-eyed peas going throughout the day...
...so then for dinner all I had to do was roast some potatoes...
...and then saute the beet greens and cook the beets...we love fresh beets...
...and then I had a whole tray of my favorite comfort foods...

...but again we didn't watch a movie...

...first we worked a crossword together...the newspaper one...and then we watched a couple of episodes of a new to us British series with Brenda Blethyn...Kate and Koji...it's a sweet (sort of snarky as well) sitcom about some people in rather unique circumstances...so it has funny and poignant parts to it...I enjoyed it...it's brand new so there are only a few episodes...of which we watched two...

...and then we spent the rest of the evening in our separate recliners reading our separate books...no idea what the Man is reading...something either political or historical if I know him...haha...and y'all know how much I love anything by Barbara Ppym...I'm reading A Very Private Eye: The Diaries, Letters and Notebooks of Barbara Pym...I just found this one...and it's so much fun to read her diaries and see her 'process'...and just to meet some of the people who informed some of her characters...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!...

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect, comforting meal! I think i'll make black eyed peas tomorrow. With kale and scrambled tofu...
    Watching the serie "Coroner" on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...this is one of my favorite meals...and we did it all again over the weekend with a different type of "eyed" bean...yellow eyes...and you're right kale goes really well with them...we've watched all of the Coroner that are available to us...we really enjoyed that series too...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
    2. I've never cooked the yellow eyes. Are they really different from the black ones? Must I buy some?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal looks good. I too love fresh beets and I seldom get to taste them. I do buy them but they always shrivel up to nothing almost as soon as I get them home so I try not buy them too often now. As for what I've been watching, I can't even remember. I did watch or try to watch a few spy movies on Netflix set in the WW2 era about women in spy roles. They sound good but I didn't enjoy them. I also saw a movie called "The Woman in the Window" with Amy Adams. I remember when it came out on the big screen but I didn't have a chance to see it then. It kind of reminded me of "Rear Window" except I think the old classic was better. Enjoy your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      ...I didn't see The Woman at the Window when it came out either...I did like Rear Window though so if it's like that I'd probably enjoy it...and the Man like Hitchcock too...so maybe we'll watch that next weekend...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete