Saturday, May 08, 2021

...5.8...Bride Doll Project...Day THREE...

...wrapped around the doll when I took her out of the tote was this strip of flannel with tiny blue flowers on it...

...and I remember purchasing it, all those years ago, at a fabric shop...and asking the salesperson what was the smallest amount of material you could purchase...and this is the strip she cut off for me...

...there was a saying (internet research tells me it originated in Victorian England)...something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...

...and my 'something blue'...was a pair of unders...with tiny blue flowers on them...
...so not having a pattern...I just kind of wrapped the material around the doll's bottom and cut out a rough unders shape...
...and turned under the edges and added some elastic...
...and they were done...and they fit...YAY!
...front...
...back...

...I'm really happy with the way they turned out...no dolly should be without unders...
...now because this doll is plastic...and probably formed in a two sided mold...she has these rough raised places where the molds joined...
...so I just took an exacto knife and shaved those off...
...arms, legs, and torso...
...and my Mom's Bride Doll needs some 'something blue' unders as well...so I stitched up a slightly larger pair for her...and I'll send them by snail mail...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet that your bride will be fully clothed! And nice that Mom's will be as well! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah when we were doing the dollie refurb up at Mom's...I was sort of amazed that she didn't have any panties...haha...now she does...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. she is coming along quite nicely!!

    ReplyDelete