Tuesday, May 25, 2021

...5.25...Bride Doll Project...Day SEVENTEEN...

...I totally intended to finish the project today...but there'll be one more day...because...
...while I was downstairs getting things for Our Airman's aquarium...I spied this small dirty dis-used aquarium...and thought it would be a perfect little dust-free home for Dolly...not in its current state obvi...

...Mom's Bride Doll has a nice clear 'proper' doll case...but you know me...use what you have...right?...
...so...Mom told me that CLR would clean this thing right up...but I didn't have any...and I didn't want to make a special trip to the store to get some...so I used white vinegar and Bar Keepers Friend...
...which worked...it just took a long time...and a lot of elbow grease...haha...
...so then I got a piece of stiff cardboard out of the recycle...
...and cut it to fit snugly inside the rim...

...I'm going to cover it with fabric...probably black...but we'll see what's in the stash...

...so tomorrow...the Bride Doll Project will officially end...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. what a clever idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      ...most of his aquariums were too big...but this one turned out to be the perfect size...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. That's gonna be cool. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...it was a good use for a dirty old small aquarium for sure...
      Love,
      T

      Delete